This year we altered the challenge format once again, and ran it in the form of a free-format application over e-mail between the 4th of July and 4th of August. Neither attempts at bribery nor cheating were noticed, which was a slight but acceptable disappointment for the Advisory Board.
As it has been the case in the past, the same names often show up in the Hall of Fame. Whether it’s the technical talent, persistent effort or being in the right place at the right time, Fortune favors the bold.
Congratulations Carl “Zeta Two” Svensson! Well done!
To demonstrate what it took to receive the ticket, here are selected highlights from his long application:
- Running Midnight Sun CTF online and offline
- Organizing weekly alma matter CTF meetups
- Livestreaming the solving of a hardware CTF challenge (including failure)
- Youtubing AVR firmware reverse engineering (challenge from RHme2 CTF, 6th place)
- 3rd place in LabyREnth 2017
- Several writeups for different challenge and CTF qualifiers
We would also like to thank everybody who participated in the challenge this year. Your submissions were greatly appreciated. In other news, the ticket sales have been active during the summer and we are expecting a flood of registrations once the preliminary schedule is released. To make sure you don’t miss out, register now to guarantee your place at the 15th anniversary edition of t2.