We are very proud to announce that Ivan Krstić will be delivering the keynote for T2’08!
Ivan Krstić is a software architect and researcher currently on leave from Harvard University. Until recently, he worked as director of security architecture at One Laptop per Child, an education non-profit that aimed to produce a $100 laptop for children in the developing world. Prior to that, Ivan served as director of research at the medical informatics laboratory of a European children’s hospital, tackling infrastructure and security problems in wide-scale digital healthcare.
Ivan is deeply involved in open-source and free software, co-authored the best-selling Official Ubuntu Linux Book, and specializes in architecture and security of large distributed systems. He has consulted on both matters for some of the largest websites on the Internet. Described by Wired magazine as a “security guru”, in 2007 the MIT Technology Review named him one of the world’s top innovators under the age of 35 for his work on the OLPC security platform, Bitfrost. Recently, eWEEK declared him one of the top three most influential people in modern computer security, and one of the top 100 in all of IT.
Please see the schedule for details.
We had an unplanned maintenance break due to hardware failure. We apologize for possible inconvenience. Now everything should be back to normal.
We are pleased to announce the annual T2´08 conference, which will take place in Helsinki, Finland, from October 16 to 17, 2008.
We are looking for original technical presentations in the fields of information security. Presentations should last a minimum of 60 minutes and a maximum of two hours and be presented in English.
We will be accepting talk proposals until July 1, 2008. All submitted presentations will be reviewed by the T2 Advisory Board.
We suggest strongly that you submit earlier rather than later, since we will close the CFP early once we receive enough quality submissions to fill the slots.
Please include the following with your submission:
- Speaker name(s) and/or handle
- Contact information (email and cell phone)
- Brief biography
- Motivations for presentation (500 words max)
- Presentation abstract (500 words max)
- If your presentation references a paper or piece of software that you have published, please provide us with either a copy of the said paper or software, or an URL where we can obtain it.
Please send the above information to cfp (at) t2.fi
Welcome to the new T2! It’s taken us a ridiculously long time to get to this point, but we’re finally ready to introduce the latest version of T2. We haven’t just refreshed the design either, as we’ve added a bunch of new features that should make the experience a little more user-friendly:
- All English – starting from 2008 English will be the official language for T2. All content (including speeches in the conference) will be in English.
- Direct feedback – visitors can leave comments on individual entries, and through Trackback or Pingback can even comment on their own site.
- Digg integration – easy way to discover and share interesting content from anywhere on the web.
And we are not done yet. Stay tuned!